Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tham ja, zindagi, tham ja. (Slow down, life, slow down).

Author's Note: Apologize for posting after such a long time. I didn't have a writer's slump--instead my writing had become more personal. Now I write for the pleasure of writing, to capture the joy I get in weaving words so that a visual image emerges. The brilliant capturing of emotions, colors, etc that only words can bring about. Hope you enjoy it. I will try my best to be frequent (at least one posting a month). Criticisms and Comments are very welcome.
***

Slow down, life, slow down. I am not ready to move on, I am not ready to move on. I cannot move on. Each moment is filled with countless sights and sounds and I want to taste every bit of it to my utmost satisfaction. Only then should you move. Only then do you have my permission. Otherwise, desist. Freeze. Like the game of “Fire N Ice” that I used to play in my childhood. Until I touch you, do not move.

Frozen raindrops. White droplets. Sparkling, shimmering. So light as they fall and yet so heavy on the foliage. Solid as they drop, liquid as they touch my bare skin. What a dazzling metamorphosis. Beauty. Precipitation. Nature. Smile. Love. Breathe. Experience. Feel. See. Touch. Taste.

A long road. Trees, white, form a canopy. Alluring, they reach out to me, beseeching me to travel the winding strip. I longingly look. Not a step do I take in its direction. I cannot see the end. It is hazy, vague. I cannot travel it. Fear. Doubt. Uncertainty. Risk. Too much. For now, I remain on its cusp, hoping that one day, I will have the heart to take that step. That I will give into the allure of the White Trees. That I will relent to Father Time. Until that moment, I wish to wallow in this moment, in this time. While the world around me freezes. And only when I say Fire does it melt and move.

***

About the entry: Composed on the Boston Subway after experiencing snowfall at its best.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Live for the moment?

are you a queen or a green? or a "metamorphosis" of the two?

Anonymous said...

i love it...the last paragraph is beautiful

Anonymous said...

beautifully written!!

V said...

I love your writing style Isha. =) I'm just saying that because you asked me to...ha ha. seriously though.. I've always been a fan of your work and have recommended other friends to learn from your writing skills. Especially because it isn't everyday that we find someone sitting on a train/Subway,being patient enough to come up with such an intimate piece.

Mihir Pathare said...

I want snow!!

Very nicely written, btw. You should keep penning your thoughts down as often as you can. And post them here, ofcourse. :)

Nice to have you back ^_^

Ray said...

Excellent piece Isha. There are always moments in life, we want to get stuck in. Be it childhood, our first crush, who college ke din, traveling to new places. Physically we might have moved on but our spirit is still enchanted with them and yearns for those precious little things. I wonder though, in which context you see the long winding road you are uncertain to take – in general, personal, professional or something else all together

Oh have I over analyzed this? Curse my perpetual joblessness. Brilliant work, beautifully written. Ever considered a career change ? :)